1345 WHITBY Road West Vancouver V7S 2N4: Chartwell
◦ Architectural & interior design supervised construction.
◦ Structural concrete up to main living area.
◦ All window glass is low E+
◦ A DVD of all walls and ceilings showing all house systems prior to drywall is provided
◦ 8 zone radiant heat & air conditioning.
◦ Hydronic, snow melt system for the driveway and stairs from street to front entry landing.
◦ 5000 sq. ft. of ¾ inch thick limestone 2’ x 2’ slabs used on floors and walls.
◦ Walnut cabinets and custom walnut and mappa burl millwork throughout.
◦ The library cabinet doors and detail inserts are stained leather.
◦ Soft-close cabinet doors and drawers throughout.
◦ Three point locking system on most exterior doors.
◦ Remote controlled HunterDouglas, silhouette blinds throughout.
◦ Whole house audio system with a station on each floor that allows you to remotely select and play various radio stations, cds or movie theater audio .
◦ Central vacuum system.
◦ Kitchen amenities include 1) Gaganeau convection oven, steam oven plus counter top steamer, gas elements and a wok burner 2) Panasonic microwave 3) Thermador side by side fridge 4) Kitchen Aid sink/dishwasher combo 5) Panasonic microwave 6) Sub-Zero wine cooler 7) Second kitchen sink 8) InSinkErator instant hot & cold water faucet.
◦ The bars on the first floor and the top floor c/w built in, Sub-Zero under counter fridges plus InSinkErator instant hot & cold water faucets.
◦ Passage sets throughout are custom, nickel plated handsets.
◦ All floors are finished in either limestone, engineered walnut or tile including mechanical and storage rooms.
◦ There are 10 hidden doors throughout the house which provide a seamless finish to the millwork detail.
◦ Faux finished ceilings in the home theatre, powder room & master bedroom ensuite
◦ 90% of the walls within the house are finished in either limestone , marble, walnut & mappa burl millwork, tile or designer wall papers.
◦ All bathroom walls and floors are fully tiled
◦ The master ensuite and the pool bath have steam showers.
◦ The are two boiler rooms; one for domestic heat and hot water and the second for the exterior snow melt system, auxiliary pool heat and almost instant hot tub, hot water.
◦ The pool area has two large, artist created, European influenced paintings that cover the pool’s east wall.
◦ The climate control and heating of the pool are handled by a custom designed climate control system.
◦ A top end ozonator maintains the pool water purity therefore no chlorine smell.
◦ The exterior walks, stairs and patios are finished in either slate tiles, granite tiles, paving stones or architectural concrete.
◦ The landscaping was architecturally designed and supervised.
◦ The exterior ponds, waterfall and their lighting systems are all remotely controlled from inside the house.